As a Salesforce Admin, you can add Ebsta Sync to a specific group of Users by assigning unique Account, Contact, Lead and Opportunity Page Layouts to their Profile.
You can also, if you wish, create an exclusive Salesforce Profile for Users who will have access to Ebsta Sync.
Add Ebsta Sync to exclusive Page Layouts
1. Click Setup.
2. Click Customize > Accounts* > Page Layouts.
* You can substitute Accounts here for Contacts, Leads and Opportunities, if you wish.
3. Click Edit next to the correct Accounts* Page Layout.
4. Select Visualforce Pages.
5. Select Section and drag and drop it into the Account* Page Layout. Add the following properties and click OK.
6. Select Ebsta from the Visualforce Pages tab and drag it into the newly created Ebsta Section.
7. Click on the Spanner icon in the Ebsta view. Add the following properties and click OK.
8. Click Save As and choose a Page Layout name to help identify that it includes Ebsta (e.g. Copy of Account Page Layout - Ebsta).
9. Go back to the Account* Page Layout view and click Page Layout Assignment.
10. Click Edit Assignment.
11. Select the Profile(s) you wish to assign the new Account* Page Layout to.
Note: If you wish to assign the Page Layout to specific Users, you will need to create a new Salesforce Profile for them. Please follow the Create New Salesforce Profile Instruction below before completing this step.
12. Select the new Account* Page Layout from the dropdown and click Save.
13. Now ask the User(s) to navigate to the Account* view. They should now notice Ebsta and they will be prompted to login and connect a Mailbox (if they haven't already done so).
Create a New Salesforce Profile
You will only need to create a new Salesforce Profile if you wish to add Ebsta Sync to a specific group of Users (independently of their current Salesforce Profile).
Note: You will need Salesforce Enterprise Edition and above to create custom Salesforce Profiles.
1. Click Setup.
2. Click Manage Users > Profiles.
3. Click Clone next to the Salesforce Profile you wish to use as a template.
4. Name the new Profile (e.g. Standard User - Ebsta) and click Save.
5. Click Manage Users > Users
6. Click Edit next to the specific User(s), select the newly created Profile and click Save.